Five things you should know about sclerotherapy injections in Westlake Village
We all dream of beautiful, shapely legs. However, no amount of weight loss or body sculpting can help if your legs are marked by spider or varicose veins. That doesn’t mean you have to suffer with embarrassment or wear long pants every day for the rest of your life. There is a better option – sclerotherapy injections from Daphne I. Panagotacos, M.D. in Westlake Village.
What is sclerotherapy?
A tried and true medical procedure, sclerotherapy has been used to treat problematic veins for nearly a century. The procedure involves injecting a medicine, called a sclerosant, directly into the vein. The formula causes a reaction in the lining of the vein, causing it to seal itself gradually. Once the vein is closed, the tissue is absorbed by the body, and the visible effects fade away. One or several sessions may be needed, depending on the number and size of the veins.
What you need to know
Like many medical procedures, there are many myths and misunderstandings around the topic of sclerotherapy. If you are battling spider or varicose veins, here are a few facts about sclerotherapy you should consider:
- It is virtually painless. If you’ve heard about, or experienced, the discomfort of saline sclerosants, don’t worry. We use an advanced formula that is effective and gentle.
- Spider veins won’t return. Once a vein is successfully treated, it is gone for good. However, no procedure can stop new veins from forming.
- Results take time. If you want to show off your legs during a tropical vacation, don’t postpone treatment until a week before you leave. Allow a month or two for the veins to finish fading.
- The procedure is fast and efficient, with minimal downtime. It usually takes less than an hour, and you can resume most normal activities immediately.
- Sclerotherapy can make your legs look better and feel better. Spider and varicose veins are often considered purely cosmetic, but they can have a number of medical effects. These include itching, burning, pain, poor skin quality, and fatigue in the legs.
Let us help you love your legs! Call 805-379-3376 and arrange and appointment to find out if you are a good candidate for sclerotherapy.