Give your appearance a fresh start with aesthetic skin care services in Westlake Village CA
Damage to your skin accumulates as the result of exposure to harmful ultraviolet light from the sun’s rays and artificial sources; environmental pollutants and irritants; and the “natural” march of time. Daphne I. Panagotacos, M.D. Skin Care Centre can literally lift that damage away, without the use of invasive surgical techniques, and risky anesthesia. Accordingly, you get results without downtime and side effects.
One of the most powerful categories of Aesthetic Skin Care Services in Westlake Village CA at Dr. Panagotacos’ office involves specialized medical tools and products that gently exfoliate, removing the dead cells that make skin look “tired” and feel rough. In turn, aestheticians nudge along many beneficial processes, including:
- Cell turnover – The fresh, new skin that is left behind is much brighter, softer, smoother, and evenly toned.
- Collagen production – Procedures further encourage the production of naturally occurring substances, such as collagen that helps to retain youthful firmness.
- Aids skincare products – Treated skin generally absorbs and drinks up the products our specialists recommend as part of your customized regimen; for instance, a serum or moisturizer is only as effective as how well and deeply it penetrates your skin.
Get to know “mechanical” skin resurfacing
Generally, dermabrasion uses a spinning device with a very fine, sandpaper-like surface to exfoliate the outermost layers of your skin. Our skin care center’s patients have enjoyed beautiful results from microdermabrasion, which removes a very thin layer of skin. When the microdermabrasion device is applied to your skin, vacuum suction gently lifts the fine crystals that exfoliate the skin – along with dead skin cells. Microdermabrasion is so gentle that it works on all skin types to minimize lines and wrinkles, brighten skin, and soften the appearance of sun damage or some scars. It may even be performed within the same appointment as some of the other types of (chemical) resurfacing offered at Daphne M. Panagotacos, M.D.
Dermafile™ is another mechanical resurfacing method, which uses a stainless-steel device and finely crushed cosmetic diamonds to lightly polish the skin. The rejuvenated skin that is left behind is velvety smooth, and dark spots, lines, and bumps are less noticeable. Dermafile™ is also a great way to effectively treat ingrown hairs and calluses on the elbows, knees, feet, back, and other areas. You may even find your makeup goes on more evenly for better, more natural-looking coverage post-treatment!
Get to know “chemical” skin resurfacing
Clients’ skin types and needs vary dramatically. For this reason, Dr. Panagotacos and her team have several different types of chemical peels and solutions to bring your healthiest skin to the surface.
Generally, resurfacing treatments that don’t use medical-grade devices use professional solutions packed with beneficial ingredients. When applied to the treatment area in a controlled manner by trained professionals, these solutions encourage the removal of old cells and damage, and the creation of fresh, new tissue. Since there are so many solutions and ingredient combinations to choose from, peels and related treatments are among the most customizable categories of aesthetic procedures available at skin care centers.
There is a sure to be a treatment for you, including:
- Vi Peel – A combination TCA/Retinol/Salicylic Acid/Vitamin C peel, Vi Peel combines the effectiveness of deeper peels with the gentleness and low risk of side effects associated with more superficial peels.
- TCA Peel – One of the most popular types of peels, trichloroacetic acid is applied in a variety of strengths and concentrations (10%, 15%, 20%). Again, TCA is an example of just how customized this category of aesthetic treatment can be, tailored to your skin type, goals, and needs. If you have discoloration, uneven texture, and acne, this peel may be for you. Partly, it dries up breakouts and helps to prevent new pimples. Likewise, it breaks apart pigment that contributes to blotchiness.
- “Natural” Peels – The skin center also uses ingredients such as lactic acid, derived from milk, and glycolic acid, extracted from fruits like pineapple, cantaloupe, and grapes. These peels are also very gentle and are lauded for their ability to hydrate and calm spotty, acne-prone skin.
- Hydra and European Facials – Treatments may involve applying natural moisturizer, Hyaluronic Acid, or Vitamin C to improve dry and pigmented skin respectively. Also known as the “classic” or “spa” facial, the Euro option involves cleansing, exfoliating, and massaging the skin. Products and additional, complementary treatments (such as microdermabrasion) are tailored to your skin type.
This list provides a glimpse into the many aesthetic services available at Daphne I. Panagotacos, M.D. Skin Care Centre. Call 805-379-3376 to schedule your personalized skin analysis at our Westlake Village, CA office.