Many people think of Botox when they think of non-surgical options for reducing the signs of aging because of the brand's high-visibility and recognition. Botox, a neuromodulator, is a safe and effective way to diminish the appearance of fine lines around the eyes or across the forehead but aging skin can show in more ways that wrinkles.
At Daphne I. Panagotacos, MD, serving patients in Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, and nearby communities, we understand skin. Dr. Panagotacos, her colleague, Dr. Hinshaw, are board-certified physicians who specialize in dermatology. Our attentive, professional, and knowledgeable team provides a comprehensive array of medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology treatments.
While Botox works by addressing the underlying muscles that create creases in the skin when we frown and squint, dermal fillers restore youthful volume and fullness, which diminish as we age and the facial skin sags. Dermal fillers fill out shallow contours, reduce the appearance of scars, smooth creases and lines, provide lift to cheeks and jawlines, and plump lips.
We are pleased to offer our patients two options, approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for dermal fillers: Restylane and Radiesse. These products can effectively treat nasolabial folds (creases that run from the nose to the corners of the mouth), also called laugh lines, marionette lines (which form from the corners of the mouth toward the jawline), fine lines along the upper lip, and creases on the sides of the lips.
Treatment with dermal fillers involves tiny injections of a gel that fills out the creases and wrinkles in the skin. Dermal fillers may be recommended in conjunction with Botox treatment for optimal results.
Restylane is a dermal filler that is made from hyaluronic acid, a substance that occurs naturally in the human body. It is also FDA-approved for lip enhancement for patients 21 years of age or older.
Radiesse is made from biocompatible, synthetic material that stimulates the skin's natural production of collagen, resulting in long-lasting results of up to a year and a half.
From the makers of Radiesse, Belotero is now available to treat lines and wrinkles. Belotero is hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler, which is exceptionally smooth, making it an excellent choice for treating fine lines when other dermal fillers are too thick to be effective. In addition to fine lines, it can also be used for deeper wrinkles and facial folds. One thing that sets Belotero apart from other dermal fillers is its ability to blend with your tissue; it looks natural and feels natural. The side effects are comparable with other available dermal fillers, there may be possible bruising and swelling at the injection site, but as is the case with other treatments, ice can help minimize these side effects.
For more information about how dermal fillers can enhance your youthful appearance, contact our professional team at Daphne I. Panagotacos today at 805-379-3376.
- Radiesse Thousand Oaks - Why Thousand Oaks patients should consider Radiesse
- Radiesse Reviews Westlake Village - Long-lasting, versatile Radiesse earns glowing reviews from satisfied Westlake Village area residents
- Radiesse Treatment Westlake Village - Radiesse treatment minimizes aging signs for patients in Westlake Village
- Radiesse Treatment Westlake Village CA - Westlake Village, CA area dermatologist describes Radiesse treatment
- Radiesse Agoura - Benefits of Radiesse over alternative dermal fillers for Agoura area residents
- Radiesse Westlake Village CA - Looking younger with Radiesse in Westlake Village CA
- Radiesse Dermal Filler Westlake Village - Westlake Village residents who want long lasting dermal filler rely on Radiesse
- Radiesse Injection Westlake Village - How is Radiesse injection different from other dermal fillers for Westlake Village patients?
- Restylane Thousand Oaks - Thousand Oaks area dermatologist describes Restylane dermal fillers
- Restylane Injections Westlake Village CA - The beauty of Restylane injections Westlake Village CA
- Restylane Filler Westlake Village CA - Enhancing your smile with Restylane filler, Westlake Village CA