The use of laser therapy in medical treatments began in the mid-1900s and it has seen exponential growth as technologies have advanced over the decades. At Daphne I. Panagotacos, MD, providing a complete range of medical and cosmetic dermatology, we offer the most effective laser therapy treatments for advanced skin care for the face and body. Laser treatment is highly versatile and can be used on the face and body to improve skin tone, texture, and appearance.
Dr. Panagotacos, a board-certified dermatologist, and our attentive, professional team are pleased to provide the Palomar Icon Aesthetic System by Cynosure, an advanced laser that can be used for a multitude of popular treatments without surgery, such as:
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Hair reduction
- Reduction of stretch marks
- Reduction of the appearance of blood vessels
- Pigmentation correction, including melasma
- Skin rejuvenation and photofacials
- Scar removal and reduction
As the only laser therapy that has been cleared by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its proprietary melanin reader, the Palomar Icon allows our team to evaluate the skin to choose the most effective settings for optimal outcomes. With advanced contact cooling, this laser therapy offers our patients enhanced comfort and fast treatment.
Our practice, Daphne I. Panagotacos, MD, has added several precision handpieces for even greater versatility and benefits over traditional or mainstream laser treatment, such as:
- Hair removal - the Palomar Icon specialty handpieces provide coverage of larger areas of the body like the chest, back, and legs, and can also remove typically-difficult hairs that are light-colored or fine
- Pigment correction - beyond the capacity of single-wavelength lasers, our spectrum-shifting filters provide even heating when treating facial blood vessels
- Skin resurfacing and scar removal - our non-ablative, fractional laser, the only such laser cleared by the FDA for treatment of stretch marks and acne or surgical scars, has a deeper penetration
Introducing the new ICON
A good thing just got even better! We are proud of our suite of lasers and other advanced technology, and we often upgrade our equipment to provide the highest standard of care currently available. If you are looking for faster, better, more comfortable laser treatments, the answer just arrived in our office. We have added the latest ICON multi-platform laser therapy center from Palomar-Cynosure.
The newest ICON machine flawlessly delivers high-speed peak output, with a sophisticated contact cooling system for optimal safety and comfort. The FDA cleared Skintel melamine reader ensures precision accuracy and customization of treatment.
This ICON system is capable of delivering exceptional results in a variety of treatments including:
- Clearing of facial vessels and pigmentation
- Treatment of acne scars and surgical scars
- Treatment of stretch marks
- Wrinkle reduction
- Photofacial and laser rejuvenation therapies
- Treatment of melasma, port wine stains, and other pigmentation concerns
- Rosacea treatment
- Much more
For your healthiest and freshest-looking skin, request an appointment at Daphne I. Panagotacos, MD, through our online appointment request system or by calling 805-379-3376 today. We are located in Westlake Village at 32144 Agoura Road.
- Therapeutic Laser Therapy Westlake Village - Westlake Village area dermatologist recommends therapeutic laser therapy for hair reduction and removal
- Laser Therapy Agoura - The benefits of laser therapy in Agoura
- Laser Therapy Westlake Village, CA - What laser therapy solutions are available for Westlake Village, CA area patients?
- Vascular Laser Therapy
- Laser Therapy Thousand Oaks - How can laser therapy assist patients in the Thousand Oaks area?